Friday, October 07, 2005

Ribbit, ribbit

I went to my LYS today (again? Yes, again) and bought some yarn for my Dad's scarf. They also had a copy of HATS - A Knitter's Dozen...darn them! It was all alone on the table so I had to bring it home to play with the books on my shelf.

New yarn, new book - so what am I knitting, you ask?

A cotton dishcloth.

In my defense, the Guild meeting is Sunday and I had forgotten that we are having a dishcloth exchange. I do not know why. But my cloth is going to be the coolest one there. Really.
I am trying to make it the coolest, anyway.
The first one was mostly done, a lovely lace flower that I picked up to finish this evening and promptly started going the wrong way around the dpns and could not get the YOs and K2togs back on the needles.
So I frogged it and started over.
Messed up the count again.

So now I am making a Sheep.
A Bobble Sheep.

I have never made a bobble in knitting before although I love doing bobbles and puffs and popcorns in crochet. Cotton is a smart choice for learning, right?

Uh huh.

I am up to the first bobble row now.
I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bobbles can be fun, bobbles are not fun in cotton, cotten doesn't stretch... Note, you can use a crochet hook to pull a stitch through all those YOs that create the bobble. ;)