Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady sings

And I ain't warbling yet!

I am holding on to summer with both fists. I have not even ordered any school books, just sat down this afternoon and made some long over-due decisions, ordering needs to be done tonight.

Bleh!

This summer went far too fast.

I am not ready to teach.
I am not ready to go to bed at a reasonable hour, and wake up before 9.
I am not ready for assignments, and lessons, and doing my housework on a schedule.

I want to knit, crochet, read, daydream, nap, snack....just generally be a useless lump.

Sunday school is also starting back up and I find myself commited to teaching on the 28th of this month, doing a program for CRAFT night on the 12th of Sept., and being a mentor for the Jr. High girl's SS this year.

Oh well.

I will enjoy it all once I get out of this lazy frame of mind. I will loosen my grip on summer's fading wings, slowly, so as not to tear them. And I will whirl with autumn's leaves for a season, then wrap myself in winter's cozy mantle, snuggling into the warmth and comfort of family and routine.

But summer will tug at my heart, and the parting will be hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the snow...I'm more than ready!

Oops! Gotta have Halloween in there firs. Preferably a warmer Halloween 'cause it always sucks to have to wear a coat over your costume. *grin*