Tuesday, February 28, 2006


The sweater is finished.

It was not finished by the time the flame was doused on Sunday.

I'm not terribly upset about it.

By flame's end I had 1 inch of stockinette and the crocheted border to go.

Want to hear all the iffen I did?

If I had not gotten the size wrong for the top of Tubey and had to start all over on the night of the 15th...

If I had done the ribbing called for on the Top Down V Neck instead of designing my own edgings...

If I had not been picky about the edgings and not frogged the sleeves 3 times and the neck 4...

If I had not made it a looong tunic length...

Then I would have been done days ahead of deadline.

But I am very pleased with the results and eager to begin a new sweater. I learned so much from making this and got over my Fear and Dread of knitting clothing. I don't know how much longer I would have procrastinated on it if not for the Olympics. I am very grateful for the experience.

Tomorrow - pics of the sweater and details of pattern, etc.

1 comment:

Nalani said...

I will be looking forward to the pictures and I think most importantly that You are pleased with the results"